The APICS Detailed Scheduling and Planning (DSP) course starts on Tuesday, January 26, 2016.
Detailed Scheduing and Planning (DSP) is a CPIM training module that teaches the various techniques for material and capacity scheduling. This 9-session course includes detailed descriptions of material requirements planning (MRP), capacity requirements planning (CRP), inventory management practices, and procurement and supplier planning. Topics include:
- Inventory Policies – types and classifications of inventory, and policies regarding inventory.
- Inventory Planning – order review methods, planning, lean production concepts, accuracy, storage and handling.
- Information Used in the Material Planning Process – inventory information, the master production schedule and engineering data, characteristics of the material planning process, .
- MRP Mechanics: The Basics – MRP objectives and functions, the MRP Grid, bills of material and MRP calculation of gross and net requirements.
- Using MRP Outputs and Managing Projects – maintaining the material plan and project management.
- Detailed Capacity Planning – factors that influence detailed capacity planning, information used in detailed capacity planning, planning techniques.
- Detailed Capacity Management – capacity management requirements planning, capacity management in process and service industries, and performance measurements.
- Establishing Supplier Relationships – factors determining supply relationships, collaborative relationships, supply alternatives and techniques, and communications with suppliers.
- Supplier Partnerships – product and process development including time-to-market, traditional versus concurrent engineering, supplier involvement, purchasing approaches.
- Supply Chain Acceleration – total cost of ownership, training, the role of engineering, delivery approaches and supplier rating system.
Our APICS trainers are experienced professional consultants and retired executives/managers who have the real world, day-to-day experience to make this material very understandable.
Nine training sessions on Wednesdays from 5:00 to 8:30 PM.
Pizza dinner included (you may order other menu items at your own expense).
Student course workbook provided.
The course also include online examination practice for those wishing to take the APICS exam for this course.
Domenico’s Italian Restaurant (upstairs dining room)
236 W. Huntington Dr.
Monrovia, CA 91016
Phone: (626) 357-7975
Fees for early registration (more than 14 days before class start):
APICS member: $495; non-member: $550
To register click here (PayPal available)
Chuck Jones, Director of Marketing
Brittany Jones, Director of Education