Click on a question to view its answer. Click on the question again to collapse the answer.
General APICS Questions
What is APICS?
Since 1957, individuals and companies have relied on APICS for its superior training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals.
APICS recognizes the contributions supply chain and operations management professionals make to their employers and the global economy and has developed a comprehensive suite of educational resources, including
- Education, training, industry publications and research, and world-renowned certification programs
- Opportunities for career development, networking, and best practice sharing
- Local and global membership and affiliation opportunities worldwide.
What does APICS stand for?
What are APICS Chapters?
APICS chapters offer a variety of services in communities throughout North America, including:
- Instructor-led certification review classes that help prepare candidates for testing
- On-site training for organizations interested in educating a group of employees
- Certification study groups and group testing opportunities
- Seminars and workshops specific to a particular geographic area and/or industry
- Plant tours that provide insight into organizational principles and practices
- Workshops and meetings with allied organizations that enable members to network
- Professional development meetings that foster local networking and career development
What does the APICS San Gabriel Valley Chapter do?
APICS-SGV arranges tours of prominent companies and facilities such as JPL, the Port of Long Beach and the Amazon Fulfillment Warehouse which allow tour attendees to see large, successful manufacturing and logistical operations.
Our professional development meetings (PDM for short) are two-three hour events with an expert presentation on a subject pertinent to supply chain management. PDMs typically include dinner and the chance to network with other area professionals. Our previous PDMs have covered topics such as:
- Transforming a Manufacturing Company
- Excellence in Inventory Performance Using Best Practices
- Lean Culture
- Using Value Stream Mapping to its Full Potential
- Bottom Line Performance Improvement
- Belt Certification: The Good, The Bad, The Un-Standard Deviation
- Black Belt and Green Belt with Six Sigma
- Root Cause Analysis
- White Collar Lean – Kaizen Events for the Office
- Six Sigma Method
- Inventory Quality Ratio Using Plan, Do, Check, Act
APICS Course and Certification Information