Inventory Demand Planner
City of Industry, CA
The Inventory Demand Planner position requires a clear understanding of inventory management and the impacting areas of procurement, logistics, and production as well as inventory’s impact on financial objectives. The position is critical to managing, maintaining and optimizing appropriate inventory levels in a complex environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor and maintain inventory strategy and forecasts for multi-sites and safety stock replenishmentprograms to minimize customer service failures while optimizing inventory investments.
- Use historical demand patterns as well as notifications of future demand changes to establish optimal inventory levels to meet customer performance commitments taking into account supplier lead times, inbound and outbound logistics and site-specific variables.
- Actively monitor, review and revise safety stock levels to minimize inventory levels.
- Identify and analyze high and low-moving inventory, recommending and undertaking tactics to increase sell-through to customers; work with Marketing and Sales to realize objectives.
- Work with Purchasing team on devising optimal year end purchasing strategy.
- Update and manage part masters, BOMs, and event schedules including key data elements.
- Proactively data mine inventory holdings across various parameters and planning data sets for trends and root causes in order to mitigate inventory and service level risks.
- Extensive data analysis across various ad hoc and ongoing requirements and initiatives.
- Document standard operating procedures (SOP’s) relevant to planning and inventory management.
- Write technical specifications for reporting, analysis, modifications, fixes and requirements required for IT development; end-use test deliverables and communicate to stakeholders.
- Measure ROI on marketing initiatives targeted to drive part sales.
- Work with cross functional teams on inventory/planning initiatives.
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering,Mathematics/Statistics or similar.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant inventory management/demand planning experience, preferably in a non-manufacturing environment.
- Expert skills in MS Excel – Lookups, Pivot Tables and VBA Macros.
- Strong skills in MS Access.
- Superb attention to detail, highly organized with ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables.
- Autonomous problem solver with strong business acumen and good judgment.
- Proven ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to thrive in a deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work extended hours when necessary to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal English.
Additional Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- APICS certification or similar.
- Experience with after-market spares inventory management.
- Experience with an exception-based ERP/Planning system.
- Experience in an airline, MRO or aviation/aerospace OEM.
- SQL querying skills to run reports.
- Experience with MS Word and MS PowerPoint.