APICS San Gabriel Valley offers professional development meetings (PDM). These are presentations by and discussions with distinguished local professionals which allow you to expand your understanding of operational principles, business improvement theory and best practices.
PDMs are also a great opportunity to meet and network with other local business professionals.
Presentations and Workshops
Please see our calendar of events.
Topics of our past PDMs include:
- Transforming a Manufacturing Company
- Excellence in Inventory Performance Using Best Practices
- Using Value Stream Mapping to its Full Potential (The Missing Link)
- Bottom Line Performance Improvement (The Easy Way)
- Belt Certification: The Good, The Bad, The Un-Standard Deviation
- Six Sigma Method
- How to Construct a Waste-Illuminating Process Flow Diagram
- Black Belt and Green Belt with Six Sigma
- Root Cause Analysis
- White Collar Lean – Kaizen Events for the Office
- Guiding and Improving Lean Manufacturing (and other initiatives) with Integrated Business Management
- The Essence of Lean Enterprise
- Inventory Quality Ratio Using Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Kanban Cards
To view presentations and materials, see Past PDM Workshops.
We also arrange tours of significant manufacturing and operations facilities such as Jet Propulsion Laboratories, the Port of Long Beach and the Amazon Fulfillment Warehouse.
For more information please see: